Stage 3 Restrictions Effective August 1, 2022
July 20, 2022
Stage III Restrictions
Target: Achieve an additional 10% (30% total) reduction in total water use and daily water demand based on historical average for previous 60 days daily pumpage.
Wimberley WSC Best management Practices
The Corporation will eliminate flushing operations except to meet public health requirements. The corporation will notify customers of water use restrictions in effect.
Customer Water Use Restrictions for Demand Reduction
- Irrigation of landscaped areas shall be limited to Sundays and Thursdays for customers with street addresses ending in an even number (0, 2, 4, 6 or 8) and Saturdays and Wednesdays for customers with street addresses ending in an odd number (1, 3, 5, 7, 9) between the hours of 7:00AM and 10:00AM and between 7:00PM and 10:00PM and shall be by means of hand-held hoses with positive shut off nozzle, hand-held buckets, or drip irrigation. THE USE OF HOSE-END SPRINKLERS OR PERMANENTLY INSTALLED AUTOMATIC SPRINKLER SYSTEMS ARE PROHIBITED AT ALL
- Vehicle washing may be done at any time on the immediate premises of a commercial car wash or commercial service station. Further, such washing may be exempted from these regulations if the health, safety and welfare of the public are contingent upon frequent vehicle cleansing, such as garbage trucks and vehicles used to transport food and
- Use of water to add to any indoor or outdoor swimming pools, wading pools, or Jacuzzi-type pools is permitted. Swimming Pool water surface must be covered when pool is not in use to minimize
- Operation of non-recirculating water features is prohibited at all times in a fountain or pond for aesthetic or scenic purposes except when necessary to support aquatic life
- Wimberley Water Supply Corporation restricts the use of water from hydrants to firefighting, related activities or other activities necessary to maintain public health, safety and